The Joseph Initiative is a post-harvest ecosystem for trade that effectively matches East African demand with Ugandan maize supply, currently operating in the Masindi District of Western Uganda. As operations grew and became more complex the Joseph Initiative engaged the SKC group for an affordable solution that would allow it to build an inventory management application that would position the organization for future growth.
In August 2013, the SKC Group delivered the Joseph Institute Technology Platform (JITP).
The following benefits were achieved:
- Supplier Registration and surveying capabilities
- Inventory Management allowing for tracking, traceability and transparency
- Planned Purchases Module allowing for work planning and execution
- Procurement module with agriculture features including automated conversion factors, dynamic pricing, and cost sharing
- Cash Management module with automated entries mapped to purchasing transactions
- Increased Security and accountability via electronic signatures
- Basic reporting capabilities